As Project Manager Finance Automation for our client (a B2B supplier for the Retail & Industry) with offices in a lot of European countries and headquarter in Amsterdam, you will manage all new and ongoing Finance implementation projects across a complex architecture and business landscape. You will be responsible for the full project lifecycle of various Finance Automation projects and the new ERP system implementation from initiation & planning to build, test & deployment. Part of the Technology team, you will be working with international stakeholders across all parts of the business, from central head office teams to local operating companies as well as 3rd party vendors and integration partners.
The key objective of the role is to ensure the successful completion of projects and initiatives in the Finance business area, streamlining the Finance departments’ processes whilst introducing operational efficiencies through standardization with each solution implemented. The Finance Project Manager combines strong knowledge of finance and accounting with project management and plays an active role in supporting the realization of the BCE technology roadmap, and as a result enabling the overall business strategy.
- Create value for the business by successfully initiating, executing and completing strategically relevant initiatives relating to finance automation, cash flow, financial planning & reporting, revenue, expenses and ERP. Taking responsibility for scope, planning, resourcing, budget, quality and risk management and applying strong project management standards and best practices.
- Have a sound high-level understanding of finance business processes and workflows.
- Define & align project resource needs, assigning clear roles & responsibilities and driving cross-team and 3rd party partnerships.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree educated (BA or higher), ideally in Financial Management, Economics or similar.
- Proven experience in management of mid-large scale projects, preferably at international scale and with a strong technology delivery component.
- Experience as a Financial Analyst or Finance Manager including understanding of the related business processes is a plus.
- Experience with complex stakeholder management, working with external customers and driving 3rd party partnerships / relationships, preferably in a decentralized organization, is a plus.
- Experience in the wholesale/distribution/logistics industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of project implementation methodologies including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall. Relevant certifications are a plus.
- Strong change manager able to enthuse project team, customers and business stakeholders alike.
- Travel throughout EU is expected 25-40% (Covid-19 restrictions permitting).
- Excellent command of English is a must (both written and spoken). Dutch and/or any additional European language is a plus.
Location: Amsterdam (and from home)
Fulltime (40 hours per week)
Duration: 6 month with option to extend
For information: Jaap van Raalte email@example.com / 0647 180 872